1) Chemical dependency We treat people who abuse chemicals (alcohol, cocaine, marijuana, ecstasy, crack etc.), causing the individual to suffer losses. The treatment of tobacco dependence is provided with group therapy, use of adhesives, chewing gum and medication).
2) Smoking Smoking is a chronic disease and it’s responsible for the largest number of unnecessary deaths in the world, according to data from the World Health Organization. However, it can be treated effectively. We offer state-of-the-art tobacco dependency treatment techniques through the involvement of a multidisciplinary team of experts. The coordinated intervention of a team of doctors, psychologists, counselors, self-help groups and family members achieves excellent results, as evidenced by our clinical experience of more than 20 years in treating this problem. Therapeutic activities are carried out, such as the smoking group, which meets up twice a week, for one hour, with the purpose of raising awareness of the patient in changing their lifestyle, showing the harmful effects of smoking and the importance of continuing without Smoking after discharge.
3) Dual treatment The clinic treats people who present two or more pathologies simultaneously, such as mental and behavioral disorders resulting from the abusive use of chemical substances, associated with some kind of psychopathology such as schizophrenia, depression, affective bipolar disorder, among other psychiatric diseases.
4) Psychiatric disorders The clinic offers treatment for the most diverse psychiatric disorders such as depression, phobias, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), schizophrenia etc.
5) Eating Disorders The Jorge Jaber Clinic also provides treatment for people who have problems related to obesity. The Clinic gives group therapy and balanced nutritionist-oriented diet for people who have anorexia and bulimia.
1) 24 hour Internships the Clinic offers adequate facilities to host the patient during the hospitalization process. Bountiful, balanced and tasty meals; Environment with large outdoor area, pool and court, for physical activities; and individual and group therapy are offered by a multidisciplinary team so the patient can recover in the shortest possible time and gain more autonomy.
2) Day Hospital Used by post-treatment patients or those ones who doesn’t wish to hospitalize. Daily, they perform the regular therapeutic activities of the clinic with breakfast, snacks and lunch.
3) Life Valuation Group Formed by patients who attempted suicide. Daily, for one hour, they meet up with members of the multidisciplinary team and talk about feeling, spirituality, motivation, in an intensive way so that there is greater adherence to treatment.
The Jorge Jaber Clinic offers care to psychiatric patients and chemical dependents in the most diverse settings and stages – acute, severe and chronic state, through individual care, group therapy, family therapy, outpatient treatment, home care, semi-hospitalization and hospitalization (including involuntary).